DO YOU EVER SEE SOMETHING SO POORLY WRITTEN THAT YOU ACTUALLY REWRITE IT IN YOUR HEAD AS YOU’RE READING ALONG
sometimes books are so bad I take them back to the library, go to a bookshop and buy the damn thing so i can correct it in red ink as i go along without getting fined for defacing public property
We thank you for not defacing the library books. :)
The Future of Books Is Hypertext! No. It’s POD! No. It’s Enhanced E-Books! Apps! Netflix for Books! None of Those? Wait. It’s Cloud Storage!
Nothing myself or others haven’t been saying for years, but still nice to see someone who isn’t a librarian say it.
Police keep everyone on the sidewalk while the allied group continues protesting.
Arnold Borden, 1931
I’m workin on it, Borden.(via audiellen)
'The only thing I know is that I create because I need to, and I create whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.' 🌹🌻🌹🌻#DIY #Handmade #MexicanHeritage #PinterestInspired #TissuePaper #Flowers #TissuePaperFlowers #PaperFlowers #Photobooth #Backdrop #EventDecorating #EventDecorator
Chest deep, I risked my phone’s life to take this
MelVFitness posted this image on instagram a few days ago with the following caption:
"Check out my transformation! It took me 15 minutes. Wanna know my secret? Well firstly I ditched the phonewallet cause that shit is lame, swapped my bather bottoms to black (cause they’re a size bigger & black is slimming), smothered on some fake tan, clipped in my hair extensions, stood up a bit taller, sucked in my guts, popped my hip- threw in a skinny arm, stood a bit wider #boxgap, pulled my shoulders back and added a bit of a cheeky “I’m so proud of my results” smile. Zoomed in on the before pic- zoomed out on the after & added a filter. Cause filters make everything awesome.
What’s my point? Don’t be deceived by what you see in magazines & on Instagram. You never see the dozens of other pics they took that weren’t as flattering.”
This is amazing.
- The White House
- Write your Congressional Representative
- Congressional Representative by State
The most notable documents on the House gopher are the Congressional Record and House bills, both searchable by keywords, and the US Code by Title. If you just need to retrieve bills from the House of Representatives, the House gopher is the easiest source.
- US Code
- Code of Federal Regulations
The Code of Federal Regulations (as far as we know the only complete CFR available on the net for free) and US Code are available through the House’s homepage on the World Wide Web. These databases actually are available from a different URL than the House’s homepage (with a search engine from Personal Library Software.) The homepage also links to the House Gopher for the Congressional Record.
- Senate Website
- How to find court decisions
- How to find federal legislation and other information
- Library of Congress: THOMAS
Thomas provides access to Congressional bills and the Congressional Record. Library of Congress officials say THOMAS will soon have many other documents, but the product line hasn’t grown as fast as expected.
The Library of Congress’s Marvel systems is the most comprehensive source of government information accessible by gopher. It is more of a directory that points you toward other gopher servers, rather than a repository for government information. Information and pointers to other sites are listed by branch of government and then by agency in each branch.
- Goverment Printing Office Access program
GPO Access contains: Congressional Bills, Federal Register, Congressional Record, and GAO Reports
GPO Access is the only free site for the Federal Register, and it provides keyword searching of the US CODE. Plus, you can do a key word search on several publications at the same time, such as searching bills, the Congressional Record and the US Code at the same time for the same key words.
A comprehensive guide to government databases.
- Description of databases
- Code of Federal Regulations (House WWW): The Code of Federal Regulations is the official compilation of the Federal regulations. The CFR database is not as current as the printed version, but soon they expect to catch up.
- Congressional Record (GPO Access, Thomas, House Gopher): The Congressional Record database is the public proceedings of both the House and Senate. It contains the floor debates, as well as the roll call votes among other things.
- Federal Register (GPO Access) The Federal Register is the official forum for making available to the public regulations and legal notices issued by Federal agencies, some Presidential Documents, and many other important items.
- Legislation (GPO Access, House Gopher (House side only), Thomas): Bills introduced by members of Congress.
- US Code (GPO Access, House WWW, House Gopher (by title)) :The United States Code contains the general and permanent laws of the United States. The GPO’s US Code database is current as of January, 1994; however, any section that has been affected by laws passed during the 2nd Session of the 103rd Congress (1994) includes a note identifying the public law that affected that section. Some titles available from the House gopher are current as of January 1995. GPO allows searching of the entire Code,while the House gopher requires the user to retrieve the code by section.